(1 year Maternity Leave Coverage)
Do you want to make the world a better place?
Harvey McKinnon Associates is a respected direct response fundraising company. Our mission is to build ethical, loyal relationships between donors and the non-profit organizations they support. We use our skills in fundraising to help worthy causes build their income and continue their important work.
We are a fun-loving, fast-paced fundraising company who works with non-profit organizations across Canada, the United States, and around the world. We take pride in our work and work in teams that draw on our individual strengths. We care about our clients, and each other, and we cultivate respectful, open communication.
You and your role:
You are a person who enjoys working with a friendly, supportive team of individuals. You are committed to making the world a better place by using your creative skills and experience. In return, you’ll get to work with a wide range of great organizations from international development, to hospitals, children’s causes, environmental groups and many more.
You have graduated from a design program and have at least 3 years of related work experience. You are a responsible team player with self-driven abilities who demonstrates strong conceptual thinking. You have previous experience in direct response design OR are a faster learner and eager to learn all there is to know about direct response design. The position is predominantly for Print (Direct Marketing) and priority will be given to candidates with Direct Marketing experience.
This is a 1 year contract position (Maternity leave coverage) but has the potential to turn into a permanent position for the right candidate (not yet confirmed).
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Formal design education and at least 3 years workplace experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Ability to handle design projects from concept to press-ready artwork.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, a demanding workload, and stick to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with Mac OS.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, layout, and typography.
- Strong proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must possess a strong interest in layout design and provide related portfolio examples.
- Ability to proof your own work and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to design and develop email campaigns, landing pages, microsites, social media campaigns and related graphics a strong asset.
- Experience working in direct response design and/or with non-profit organizations a strong asset.
Salary is based on experience – please submit your salary expectations with your application. Send your resumé and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Must be able to provide at least 2 references upon request. Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Location: Our offices are located in Vancouver and Toronto, but we have staff that work remotely and this can be considered for the right candidate. Part-time hours can also be considered for the right candidate.
Only those resumés that are accompanied by cover letters, a link to your portfolio and stated salary expectations will be considered. Those that come with poor grammar and extensive typos will automatically be disqualified.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.