Harvey McKinnon Associates (HMA) is a respected integrated fundraising company. Our mission is to build ethical, loyal relationships between donors and the nonprofit organizations they choose to give to. We use our skills in fundraising, communications, organizational development, and training to help our clients reach their fundraising potential.
We believe our work makes a positive difference in the world. HMA was founded on this principle and it is the underlying motivation of everything we do. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our work. We have fun, care for our environment, and work in teams that draw on our individual strengths.
If you’re interested in joining our team you can find our current opportunities below.
Do you want to make the world a better place?
Come work with us!
Harvey McKinnon Associates is seeking a talented digital graphic designer to create outstanding direct response fundraising campaigns for our amazing non-profit clients. We need to add another talented artist to our creative team, and you may be just the person we’re looking for.
You are a person who enjoys working with a friendly, supportive team of individuals. You are committed to making the world a better place by using your creative skills and experience. In return, you’ll get to work with a wide range of great organizations from international development, to hospitals, children’s causes, environmental groups and many more.
You have graduated from a web design program and have at least 3 years of related work experience. You are a responsible team player with self-driven abilities who demonstrates strong conceptual thinking. You have digital direct response design experience (experience in print would be a bonus!), preferably in fundraising. Resumés welcome from folks who have worked outside the non-profit sector but are keen to learn how to use their direct response talents for fundraising.
Harvey McKinnon Associates is a respected direct response fundraising company. Our mission is to build ethical, loyal relationships between donors and the non-profit organizations they support. We use our skills in fundraising to help worthy causes build their income and continue their important work.
We are a fun-loving, fast-paced fundraising company who works with non-profit organizations across Canada, the United States, and around the world. We take pride in our work and work in teams that draw on our individual strengths. We care about our clients, and each other, and we cultivate respectful, open communication.
About The Position:
You will work closely with your Account Managers and Lead Designer to produce outstanding digital fundraising campaigns and websites. You will thrive on concept and design development – taking pride in creating unique, eye-catching, digital work.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Formal design education (or equivalent experience) and at least 3 years workplace experience including direct response design.
- Ability to handle design projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, a demanding workload, and stick to deadlines.
- Experience working with Mac OS.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, layout, and typography.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS and Content Management Systems like WordPress.
- Ability to proof your own work and exceptional attention to detail.
- Web development; ability to independently design and develop email campaigns, landing pages, microsites, social media campaigns and related graphics.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS without the aid of visual editing software.
- Experience in digital campaign development – online fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer to peer and events – is an asset, as is experience in toolsets such as Engaging Networks.
Location: Our offices are in Vancouver and Toronto but some of our team work from home. This will be considered for the right candidate. Part-time and contract work will also be considered for the right candidate.
Only those resumés that are accompanied by cover letters, a link to your portfolio and stated salary expectations will be considered. On the other hand, accuracy and detail are our bread and butter – so those that come with extensive typos will not.
No phone calls please.
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.